[opendtv] Re: Automakers Oppose HD Radio Requirement

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 12:52:14 -0400

John Willkie wrote:

Exclusive agreements that effectively permit only one MVPD vendor to access
an apartment building are anti-competitive. And, they are banned.

In the early 1980s when I was on the condo board where I lived, we asked all the owners to vote 'up or down' to have cable installed throughout the complex, [they voted up] but we left the distributed antenna system in place and operational so everyone could have a choice.