[opendtv] Re: Automakers Oppose HD Radio Requirement

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:39:04 -0700

You mean apartment owners don't own their smatv systems that they built and
installed and maintained?

And, you somehow missed that the FCC has banned such exclusive deals (not
exclusive access to the coax system; exclusive access to the property.)

By NO DEFINITION IS what you are describing ANTI-COMPETITIVE.  You see, the
"OTA" distribution is OVER THE AIR, and the landlords don't control the
airwaves.

The coax networks within buildings are an amenity.  They could likewise
decide that parking within the complex was no longer free, and that wouldn't
be anti-competitive.

Exclusive agreements that effectively permit only one MVPD vendor to access
an apartment building are anti-competitive.  And, they are banned.  The
landlord can still have a preferred vendor, but that can't be used to
prevent a different vendor from accessing units.

But, that's not what you are whining on behalf of, unless you are confused.
Again.

John Willkie