[opendtv] Re: As an Alternative to a Trip to a Video Store, Movies Through a Set-Top Box - New York Times

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:04:07 -0500

Moviebeam is using NTSC with dotcast.  PBS has not allocated any DTV bits to
any datacasting service at all at this time.  Moviebeam service is also
being broadcast by some ABC O&Os and affiliates, which could be the
alternate channel.  Also in many larger markets there are multiple PBS
stations, each of which may be carrying the Moviebeam/Dotcast data.

We are on the list to have our analog transmitter modified, but I can't
believe they will still go through with it.

John