[opendtv] Re: Apple users get dunked when reserving travel online...

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 14:46:25 -0400

Doesn't matter how poorly it was written, the meaning came through loud and clear. Any unsuspecting Apple user

will be pointed to more expensive travel options than a PC user.

The non-equal message this sends is that I should stay as far away as possible from Apple and Orbitz products.

Did they intend that? Don't know, but what they meant is not nearly so important as what I THINK they meant.

Cliff

On 6/26/2012 7:01 PM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:
At 3:55 PM -0400 6/26/12, Cliff Benham wrote:
http://www.motoringcrunch.com/news/mobile-tech/11060-mac-vs-pc

This article was VERY POORLY WRITTEN.

The reason Orbitz is looking at offering Mac users a selection of higher priced hotels is that their data show that this is what they are looking for and booking.

In other words, they are willing to pay a bit more for a better experience, whether it is the information appliances they buy or the hotels that they stay in.

DUH!