[opendtv] Re: Apple MacBook debuts Thunderbolt I/O

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 06:59:43 -0500

At 4:44 PM +0000 2/27/11, mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
The HDCP (copy protection) part of HDMI is still controlled by Intel same as DVI.

Thanks for the correction Mike. I did not know that HDCP survived the battle when DVI evolved into HDMI.

So the only major differences between DVI and HDMI are that HDMI supports digital audio and it includes HDCP copy protection... And DVI can support multiple links with higher pixel counts for larger displays.