[opendtv] Re: Apple Introduces New Apple TV Software & Lowers Price to $229

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:27:03 -0500

At 11:21 AM -0500 1/16/08, John Golitsis wrote:
Is this something brand new?? At CES, Samsung announced their 3rd generation of DLP RP models with LED light sources. Mitsubishi announced laser light source DLP RPs at CES. According to a report I read by Peter Putman, the picture looked similar to the Samsung LED-based sets. I'm curious to know what you are referring to.

On 16-Jan-08, at 10:11 AM, Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Completely unrelated, I have been made aware of a new (actually enhanced) projection TV technology using LEDs as the light source.

Hmmmm...

I guess if Samsung announced 3rd generation DLPs with LED light sources the cat is out of the bag (I was told that the TI demo of this new chip was not for public release).

I am told that the pictures were VERY GOOD. The LED are switched rather than using a rotating color wheel. And no more light bulbs to replace!