[opendtv] Re: Apple Introduces New Apple TV Software & Lowers Price to $229

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:56:40 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:
Since I use if for both TV & web browsing I've managed to go through 3 bulbs so far on my Sharp DLP projector. They cost about $300 apiece, even if I wait a few weeks to mail order a new bulb.

That's why I went out and picked up my LCD TV a couple months ago when I burned out the previous DLP bulb.

But at the time I searched and could not find any decent deals for front projectors with LED bulbs. Those bulbs are supposed to last many times longer and also use maybe 1/5 the electricity. But so far they seem to exist only in the tiny pocket projectors that generate very low light.

Where I live in PA, the Amish and their horse-drawn buggys are quite prevalent. The other night driving home I saw brilliantly bright bluish- white headlights coming toward me and I thought, more HID lamps!

But NO... it turned out to be an Amish buggy with LED headlights! WOW, were they bright! Who would have thought...