[opendtv] Re: Anyone been to more than 42 NAB shows?

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 12:03:05 -0700

Not even close, for me.  But since I live in Las Vegas, I've the
opportunity to attend more than the average, I imaging.  I've attended at
least 16 and still counting.  Well, I've actually only attended the
exhibits and not any of the conferences, if that counts.

When I was just starting to get into video (I had only worked film systems
before '89), I attended something in downtown San Francisco in 1990 but I
can't remember the name of the conference.  I attended some classes that
was taught by the "Video Smithy" or "Video Smitty".  Does anyone remember
who that was and what his name was?  If I remember right, it had Smith in
there.  The class really helped me get into helical scan equipment as I
was just assigned to take care of a large Umatic editing suite.  Anyone
know what he is up to these days?

Subject: [opendtv] Anyone been to more than 42 NAB shows?
If so, how many? TTFN, Mark