[opendtv] Re: And then there were 14

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:21:37 -0800

Bert wrote:
>So that's the sort of tweaking I would hope to see from all
>digital transmission facilities that started out in a less
>than ideal configuration.

That seems correct. Such upgrades are being made, or will be made, in many
locations across the country. Clearly this will help reception in most
locations but in others, the move to higher power levels is predicted to
increase interference. It remains to be seen how significant that might be.
Clearly the quality of receiver used will be a major determining factor (I
believe the Schubin apartment is a prime example). Also, such interference
should subside to some degree after the analog transmitters shut down and
assuming that the frequencies are not re licensed thoughtlessly.