[opendtv] Re: Analysts: LCDs to finally dethrone CRTs

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:54:23 +0000 (GMT+00:00)

<Pet peeve alert>

Not to unduly pick on you, Craig, but I've been hearing and seeing this error
many,
many times in just the last year.

If one can be said to have 'it', the 'it' can be called 'cachet.'  Like you aver
LCD screens have. (ca-She (long e)

If one has a stash, one can be said to have a 'cache.' Sounds like cash.

Except for caches with cachet, there is no intermarriage.

We didn't find 'cachets' of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in no small
part,
because WMD has no cachet.

I've heard reporters, pundits, Marine grunts, spokespersons and many other less
illuminated folk interchanging these terms, and I have long ago stopped finding
it funny, like the second time you hear a South Carolinian trying to put on airs
by pronouncing the names of liquor in French.

One of the funniest was a local reporter in San Diego reporting that a suspect
had
"a large cachet of child porn."  Made me wonder how the assessed the size
and quality (if such attribute can even apply) of the stash and made the
comparison.

</Pet peeve alert>

John Willkie