[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Should Apple Buy Hollywood?

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 11:43:35 -0500

Current state of the art consumer deinterlacers (TV's, STB's, Blu Ray
players) are reasonably good. Most of them use motion assisted process. The
deinterlace process is intra-frame on still and slow motion and inter-frame
on higher speed other motion. As a result some spatial resolution is lowered
during motion. I am sure studio deinterlacers are better because it uses
motion detection and motion compensation that allows retain spatial
resolution on moderate motion.

Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com