[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Should Apple Buy Hollywood?

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 09:28:13 -0500

Some of the reasons could be compression efficiency for progressive is
better then interlace and interlace to progressive conversion is relatively
low cost and reasonable quality now. This paper analyzes this issue for
MPEG2 that was optimized for interlace:

 http://www.stephanepigeon.com/Docs/pg.pdf

Mike Tsinberg
http://keydigital.com