[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Should Apple Buy Hollywood?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 12:32:44 -0500

 The congloms are doing exactly what you detest. They are ONLY
 providing "search results" that advantage the media oligopoly.

Really? Then how come I can watch live TV programs from obscure local stations in Italy, France, and the UK (not to mention oodles of other places)? I found them using Webcrawler. No big feat.

You don't even subscribe to cable Bert. If you did, you would know that cable/DBS program guides ONLY list programs that the MVPD carries - no web search results at all.

The fact that you can access content via the Internet that is not available via MVPD systems is TOTALLY decoupled from what the media oligopoly in the U.S. is doing.

You really need to think about what you are saying before making such absurd connections...