[opendtv] Analysis: Seeking Executive to Tame the Digital Future

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 08:30:58 -0500

Seeking Executive to Tame the Digital Future

By RICHARD SIKLOS

Published: November 26, 2006

WANTED Digital media genius to guide a nimble - or at least we like to think we are - media giant through transformation from analog to digital in all its gory glory.

JOB DESCRIPTION To take all the stuff we produce for other formats, like TV or print or film, and figure out how to shovel it onto the Internet in a way that makes money.

QUALIFICATIONS The ideal candidate might also have ideas for ways to make a few dollars online that don't directly stem from our so-called traditional media businesses. (You know - like that whole user-generated thing that the kids are doing. P.S., loved the video clips about how Mentos and Diet Coke mixed together create a chemical reaction - maybe we can turn it into a prime-time special or a theme park ride financed by these brands?)

COMPENSATION Pretty sweet for as long as you last.

RETIREMENT BENEFITS Well, don't plan on it.

To read on...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/business/yourmoney/26frenzy.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin