[opendtv] Re: Analysis - Next Innovation: Unlocked Eyeglasses

  • From: "TLM" <TLM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 08:00:40 -0800

It would be a shame if my prescription eyeglasses were restricting me to see
only certain types of content.  Last time I checked, they enabled me to
watch the Blue Man Group, Indy Car races live in person, The Hobbit and the
road while driving up the Pacific Coast Highway.  But maybe I am missing
something.  Are there Premium Tier (maybe X-Ray) eyeglasses that would
enable me to see the stuff I can't get with these?  Of course viewing
programs/content with my eyeglasses requires that I be physically present.

Maybe, with respect to TV, one should be buying a "seat" for a given show
for so many minutes instead of a package of 50 -> 200 seats, most of which
you can never be sitting in at the same time.  So if I want sit in the
audience to watch CSI at 8 PM I buy a "seat".  If I want to watch a special
at the MET in NYC, I buy a "seat" for that.  If I want to watch the New
Year's fireworks on the bridge at Sydney Harbor or the megatons of black
powder going off for Chinese New Year I buy a seat on a boat off Sydney or a
hotel room balcony in Beijing.  If you commonly watch the news, NCIS,
Discovery and Moonshiners you could buy a package of seats for those and bop
around between seats with your remote.  Ditto talking with a sales
consultant at the Apple or Microsoft stores, Best Buy, Amazon or a new car
dealership.

Heck, you can already get a free seat in a car driving around any town in
the USA and look around you from street level, you can move your point of
view left and right and even up and down.  Real estate brokers are giving
away these free "seats" all the time now to people shopping for a new home,
and making a very good business doing so.

If I am correct (excuse me if I messed this up), you can get a seat at
OpenDTV at:

http://www.earth-scout.com/google-street-view.php?q=Gainsville%20FL%2032614

Or you can get a seat at Del Rey at:

http://www.earth-scout.com/google-street-view.php?q=8207%20Delgany%20Avenue%
20Playa%20del%20Rey%2C%20CA%2090293

Cheers.

(The live programs at these seats won't be available for a year or two.  But
they will.  The stage crew is still setting up.  I am sure the show times
will be published if you put in for ticket notifications now.  Backstage
passes will cost extra of course.)

BTW - There IS a seat available sitting right next to some of Paul
McCartney's relatives (sister and step daughter), but someone seems to have
tripped over a cable somewhere.  You might want to periodically check back
in here from time to time to see if they've come back from intermission:

http://www.mccartneymultimedia.com/index.php/multimedia/360vodtv