[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:08:48 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Not unlike the market research for the Edsel.  It tested well in focus groups, etc.  The only problem is they didn't narrow the groups down to likely car buyers.  It didn't fare well, as you may recall.  Perhaps 50,000 were made, and Ford almost went out of business.

John and Craig are cable customers.  They have valid, experienced, and contrasting points of view.

"Pushbutton automatic transmission in the steering wheel!  Horse-collar grillework!  Look at all that chrome!"

Would you buy one?