[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:21:16 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> If you add in the rest of the cost of extended basic cable U.S.
> consumers are paying nearly $5 billion per month to watch TV
> channels crammed full of ads.

Quit whining about this, Craig.

John Shutt gave you a perfectly valid explanation as top why things
would not go as you think with a la carte. I know it will fall on deaf
ears, because it has done so countless times in the past.

So here's the real point. The vast majority of US households is
perfectly willing to pay what they are paying. The obvious explanation
being, they are not being charged enough.

You know, like the price of gasoline until, PERHAPS, very recently. It
was not high enough, if so many people were so overtly wasteful with it.