[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 09:00:11 -0400

At 11:21 AM -0400 7/9/08, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:

 If you add in the rest of the cost of extended basic cable U.S.
 consumers are paying nearly $5 billion per month to watch TV
 channels crammed full of ads.

Quit whining about this, Craig.

John Shutt gave you a perfectly valid explanation as top why things
would not go as you think with a la carte. I know it will fall on deaf
ears, because it has done so countless times in the past.

While John's explanation is valid - given the FACT that one cannot buy cable programming ala carte today - his explanation assumes the worst possible outcome, should ala carte be forced on the multichannel services.

Frankly I do not agree with him, or you.

See my response to John.