[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 12:59:46 -0700

"How do you support today’s small media players?  Have you ever watched
UCSD-TV?  (Available on EchoStar?)  RFD-TV?  The Outdoor Channel?  How
about Versus (currently showing ‘Le Tour?’)" - John Willkie

I've heard of some and I looked into the others.

We, too, are a small content creator (UNLV-TV, part of EDU-TV (soon to be
re-branded), Las Vegas Cox Cable 110 & 111, digital tier).

But I am not sure what your point is.  Is it, perhaps, that no one would
pay for our content?  Are you saying that bundled channels helps these
content creators survive and allows for their distribution?

As for UNLV-TV, we don't get money from franchise fees now that the LV Cox
franchises with the state.

Dan