[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:15:19 -0700

If we want to go with car manufacturers for the analogy, Tucker also made
a car ahead of its time...and people bought them.  Too bad the powerful
auto manufacturers were able to shut him down.  I would like to compare
that to today's big media players.

(Back to the push-button transmission, open-wheel race cars, Porsches,
Ferraris and some Pontiacs come with shifters on the wheel.  I'd say Edsal
was in good company.)

Dan

"John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/10/2008 09:14 AM
Please respond to
opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[opendtv] Re: Analysis: Broadcast's $1 Billion Pot of Gold

Ah, making my point, since – aside from Chrysler’s Powermatic
(push-button) transmission, they are still ahead of their time, 50+ years
later.