[opendtv] Analog TV shutoff today

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:45:50 -0500

I'm trying to confirm this, however according to

http://www.dgtvi.net/stat/Aree_All_Digital/Page1.html

as of today, analog TV shutoff has begun in two
"regions" of Italy (sort of equivalent of states
in the US): Sardinia and Val d'Aosta. The analog
shutoff should have occurred in all the so-called
capoluoghi di provincia (sort of equivalent of
county seats here) today, to be followed by
complete analog shutoff in the entire region by
31 July 2006.

And each household which has paid up their TV tax
gets 90 Euro toward an STB.

The two papers I checked had no obvious mention
of this. Either it got delayed or everyone is too
happy to make this a news item.