[opendtv] Re: Accurian DTV STB from Radio Shack

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:15:14 -0400

> The biggest number I can find in the CEA report
> is sales to U.S. dealers of wireless phones:
> 70.5 million in 2003
> 79.7 million estimated (in January 2005) in 2004
> 89.2 million projected (in January 2005) for 2005

This implies that the CE industry is plenty capable
of providing even the 73M STBs the NAB predicts
would be required, in the 14 months left to
1/1/2007.

Since I believe that number to be quite a bit
higher than the actual number, and since we most
likely have 26 months rather than 14 months, this
should be a doable do.