[opendtv] Re: Accurian DTV STB from Radio Shack

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 13:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

The R-S 16-3499 Accurian is listed at regular price of $89.98 incl. free
shipping on R-S website.
Unfortunately, none are in-stock on-line at the moment.
Their zipcode driven search engine is a challenge, since it searches a very
limited area.
But we found numerous stores in LA and SD that had units in stock.
Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
After reading the posts about this unit I found two on the "bargain
table" at the R/S on my way home
originally priced at $249.95, marked down to $179.95, then another
sticker says 50% off.
I got it for $89.95.
I have not seen any advertising ever in the R/S flyers for this STB. Why
is it being sold at this price
and on the bargain table too?