[opendtv] Re: AT&T Considers DirecTV Purchase: Reports | Multichannel

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 06:38:07 -0400

Perhaps they believe that "the bundle" will survive for years to come, and
delivering streams by satellite, augmented by ISP service, will be a viable
business. It probably makes sense to build out Fiber U-Verse in densely
populated areas, but DBS can fill-in in areas where a fiber deployment is not
economically feasible.