[opendtv] ATSC receiver promises

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:58:05 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:

> > As you saw, the "glowing reports" turned out to be true.
> > It just took this long to get the hardware in Mark
> > Schubin's apartment.
>
> Bert -
>
> I'm still not sure how you can say that with such
> confidence.  We have had on non-reproducible test of a
> mystery box that even the vendor admits cannot be marketed
> successfully.  So far (a year later) no boxes from LG or
> anyone have hit the market and come close to duplicating
> the reported performance of that event.

A year later? I know time flies, but isn't it more like 6
months?

Anyway, I have complete confidence that a good design that
was demonstrated convincingly can be screwed up with very
little effort.

Also, I have complete confidence that Bob Miller reported
accurately on the no-name brand that used the LG chip, and
that this was also an acceptably good product. Even if not
quite a great as the original.

I also know that this stuff has been evolving over time,
and that it ain;t like it only suddenly happened. Numbers
don't lie, even if they can be misinterpreted at times.

If I were in broadcasting, I'd have been egging these guys
on from back in 2002. Push push push.