[opendtv] Re: ATSC and Lip Sync

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:39:18 -0400

Mark Schubin wrote:
Richard C. Ramsden wrote:
BUT!
have you noticed that the commercials are never out of lip sync?
No, I have not. I've seen many out-of-sync commercials. But, if I quickly change channels and return, they come back into sync (as do the program segments).

TTFN,
Mark
Not trying to be belligerent about digital television problems but the idea of having to 'change channels' as a momentary fix for lip sync issues is about like rebooting your PC 'when all else has failed' or the old joke about what it would be like if Microsoft built cars: "For no apparent reason your car would just die on the interstate and you would have to pull off to the shoulder, open all the doors, close them, then unlock and lock them twice. Only then could you restart your car and continue driving. Somehow you would accept this as normal and expect it to happen occasionally."

NOT!

[...the Cliff who is disgusted with the current and future state of broadcasting in the USA.]