[opendtv] Re: ATSC and Lip Sync

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:00:45 -0400

Craig,

We ARE talking about today, not tomorrow, You're telling me how the broadcasters are dying because the internet is taking away their eyeballs, but then when I show you that internet viewing accounts for a small percentage of viewing, and an even smaller ad revenue stream, you say I will eat my words in a few years. I agree, but it ain't a few years yet!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Birkmaier" <craig@xxxxxxxxx>

You asked me to name a TV series that got its first run on the Internet, but you did not mention cable, which now generates far more original content than the broadcast networks.

Read my reply again. I said: "The part I get is that content is still paid for by cable or network broadcasters for first run viewing on their networks, paid for with real time ads." Cable came first in my list.

John