[opendtv] Re: A/53C PID requirements for Jan 1, 2005

  • From: Ron Economos <k6mpg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 02:27:53 -0800

William Smith wrote:

>Ron,
>1. What model receivers are having trouble?

The receivers that stopped working were the
Toshiba DST-3000, the VOOM stb, the
USDTV stb, the Hitachi 51S700 integrated
tuner HDTV and some PC tuner cards.

A few stb's reverted back to the RF channel
number and showed the MPEG-2 Program
number as the sub-channel (24-3 and 24-4).

The LG-4200A, Zenith HD-SAT520, RCA DTC-100,
Sony HD-300 and my own Samsung SIR-T165 had no
problems at all.

>2. Did the TVCT get updated with the new informaion and a new version
>number?

I' don't work for KGO, but I am the MPEG-2 Transport Stream
expert at LSI Logic (formerly C-Cube), so I was just trying to
help out. However, it looks like they got some help from the USDTV
folks and the problem appears to be solved as of 3 pm Tuesday
(and they are still using Program numbers 3 and 4). If I find out
what the actual problem was, I'll post it here. A TVCT mismatch
seems highly possible.

Ron