[opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Neil Pickford <neilp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 09:23:19 +1100

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
At 1:14 PM -0800 2/6/07, Dale Kelly wrote:
I don't recall any discussion of political will, at least in my post. The
fact that something is happening doesn't necessarily make it right; lets
stop obfuscating the issue. To continue a damaging practice simply because we don't fully understand every aspects of related issues and because others
are doing it anyway, is disingenuous, at the very least.>

Can you prove that increased levels of atmospheric CO2 are causing climate change?

Craig you have forgotten the fundamental scientific method here.
You cannot prove anything scientifically you can only dis-prove it.
All you can do is make a hypothesis that seems to match the facts and then carry out experiments to test the theory. If the experimental results contradict the theory then you may need to reassess the theory and try again.

Surely the never ending 8-VSB debacle has demonstrated this.

Neil Pickford
Australia