[opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 06:33:25 -0500

At 1:14 PM -0800 2/6/07, Dale Kelly wrote:
I don't recall any discussion of political will, at least in my post. The
fact that something is happening doesn't necessarily make it right; lets
stop obfuscating the issue. To continue a damaging practice simply because
we don't fully understand every aspects of related issues and because others
are doing it anyway, is disingenuous, at the very least.>

Can you prove that increased levels of atmospheric CO2 are causing climate change?

China and India were purposely given a free pass on this issue and
globalization has taken advantage by moving huge amounts of manufacturing
capability to those countries; all by plan IMO.

I can't disagree with this statement. All the more evidence that the Global warming threat is politically motivated, not REAL SCIENCE.

Your arguments below defy the facts and the total solution simply should not
be to rely upon future scientific advancements which may, or may not occur
in a reasonable time frame. A combination of science and prevention seem the
best solution.

Did you see the Al Gore film - facts can easily be used to draw meaningless conclusions.

Facts are only meaningful in the context of scientific hypothesis and PROOF.

I like this definition of PROPAGANDA found at Dictionary.com:

American Heritage New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition

propaganda

Official government communications to the public that are designed to influence opinion. The information may be true or false, but it is always carefully selected for its political effect.