[opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

  • From: "Mark Aitken \(Work @ Home\)" <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 13:15:41 -0500

GOD WILL NOT FADE AWAY.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 04, 2007 11:39 AM
Subject: [opendtv] Re: A Station Group with a Future

The planet seems to "adapt and survive"??

The planet has no concept of adapting or surviving. Long term it does
not survive nor does it adapt. Only life can have a concept like
survival or adaption.

There is no normal for the Earth. The next ice age could turn out to
be an earth that looks like a snow ball once again. Not 1000 feet of
ice in New York, 5000 feet at the Equator. The next change of Earth
polarity could get stalled in neutral for a couple of million years
while we all watch Auroras at all latitudes and the Solar wind blows
our atmosphere away.

Long after any kind of life ceases to exist the Earth could be merrily
circling a star that is about to incinerate it. That would all be
normal.

It is up to us to adapt and try to survive all this. It is what we do.
We probably won't survive much of this and even then only if we
radically adapt to forms we cannot even imagine today. In the end we
and all the Gods we have imagined will most likely just fade away.

Bob Miller

On 2/4/07, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
At 9:44 AM -0500 2/4/07, Bob Miller wrote:
>But even if we are NOT affecting the earth in any way change is
>inevitable and we should be doing everything we can to find out how to
>control this planet. Or we could just retreat to the back of the cave
>and say we can't do anything about it.
>
>Maybe we should be pumping more CO2 into the air not less or maybe we
>should be building lifeboats to take us somewhere else if there is no
>hope, as you suggest, here.
>
>IMO we are about doing not accepting. If there is a God he gave us a
>brain for something. If there isn't a God we better start working
>harder.

Seems to me that we accept many things that we cannot change or influence.

Just ask the folks 40 miles south of here that were the latest
victims of the tornadoes that frequent this area every few years.

Perhaps the better question we should be asking is whether the
current climatic changes are a bad thing? We KNOW that the Earth has
been through MANY periods of climatic change. We SHOULD know from
this that the planet seems to adapt and survive.

An even better question to ask is why the politicians are so hell
bent on maintaining the status quo, as if we have achieved some level
of perfection and now must not allow any change.

Consider the current level of perfection of DTV in the U.S. for example...