[opendtv] A New NBC Network?

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:10:23 -0700

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere - and I went looking for it, but it
looks like NBC San Diego (operated by, but not completely owned by NBC)
seems to have a new network.

After the Olympics, the station aired Olympic highlights on 39-3, NBC
Weather Plus on 39-2 (the future of that service is interesting, considering
the recent purchase of the Weather Channel) and KNSB-TV fare (including the
NBC Television network) on 39-1 and 39-0 (analog.)

I noticed that Cox Communications San Diego wasn't carrying -3.  So, this
afternoon, while surfing through the Cox Communications offerings, I saw a
new NBC service.  On 39-3, they are showing a network that seems to be
called NBC US.  (There's a peacock in the upper-right portion of the screen,
next to a US, both in a circle.)

The content when I tuned in seemed to be a non-hyped reality show about an
ocean race, perhaps even the infamous Sydney to Hobart race.

I went to the NBCSanDiego web site, and the NBC.com web site, and searched
through Google.  I found no reference to this network.  You might be reading
of it first here.