[opendtv] Re: A Clue re OTA DTV users: How many OTA?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:47:15 -0500

At 10:05 PM -0500 12/14/06, Steve Wilson wrote:
I don't buy this....I couldn't follow Richards count, or how many digital programs can fit in US bands, but most of the channels on cable (don't know about satellite) are junk. Thats why the cable operators wont unbundle them. Anything worth watching after the networks is going to be avaiable through a broadband connection anyway. The customers of the future *are not* going to pay for content the way they do today. They will pay for open channels and the ability to pick and choose what they want.

Steve is right on target here. We can push tons of programming to people via the spectrum. We just need an appropriate business model to make it work.

It's called a marketplace, rather than oligopoly control by a few large corporations beholden to the politicians. Or are the politicians beholden to the corporations...