[opendtv] Re: 720P = 540i ?

  • From: Jeroen Stessen <jeroen.stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:48:43 +0200

Hi,

Ron Economos posted two good links to answer Tom Barry's question:
> I don't suppose there exist any very very simple links on how that
> process would work?  I admit I'm skeptical.

Which reminded me that of course Erwin Bellers' PhD thesis on
de-interlacing is also a good source of information. If you ask
him nicely he may send you a copy for peanuts. He's still with
Philips Semiconductors, so you can guess his e-mail address.

Best regards,
-- Jeroen

| From:     Jeroen H. Stessen   | E-mail:  Jeroen.Stessen@xxxxxxxxxxx |
| Building: SFJ-5.22 Eindhoven  | Deptmt.: Philips Applied Technologies |
| Phone:    ++31.40.2732739     | Visiting & mail address: Glaslaan 2 |
| Mobile:   ++31.6.44680021     | NL 5616 LW Eindhoven, the Netherlands |