[opendtv] Re: 70th Anniversary Blu-ray and standard DVDs of the Wizard of Oz

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:02:55 -0400

Cliff,

What specific make and model Blu-Ray are you using?  The instructions for
the Philips BDP-7200  Blu-Ray player specifically shows a "4:3 pan and scan"
NTSC mode, which is what I always set on my DVD players when connected to a
4:3 television.

Manual: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/b/bdp7200_f7/bdp7200_f7_dfu_aen.pdf

Read Page 35.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cliff Benham" <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>

In the picture monitor screen shot below, the squeezed 1:1 aspect ratio
of the Blu-ray NTSC output is quite evident. The Ring around Leo should
be perfectly round. It is oval.