[opendtv] Re: 70th Anniversary Blu-ray and standard DVDs of the Wizard of Oz

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 02:31:26 -0400

In the picture monitor screen shot below, the squeezed 1:1 aspect ratio of the Blu-ray NTSC output is quite evident. The Ring around Leo should be perfectly round. It is oval.

The waveform monitor shows the very wide blanking that corresponds to the 1:1 aspect ratio of the picture. You can count it out for yourself. It's about 30 microseconds.

In NTSC, the blanking from the end of one active line to the beginning of the next is 9.6 uSec.

Albert Manfredi wrote:
Surprise! Bert

Surprise back at you Bert, You are Wrong!!!

Don't mess with old people. We usually make certain we are right before saying or especially writing anything. #;^)
Cliff

JPEG image

JPEG image