[opendtv] Re: 6th generation

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:34:04 -0500

Strange. I usually figure LG announces a new miracle chip set only when they feel they are under challenge somehow. The 5th gen never made it to STB's and I'm not sure I could even name a 4th gen box. Why do you think LG marketing guys decided to invent yet another generation?

- Tom

Mark Schubin wrote:
http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/news/200612/200612280032.html

Makes one wonder why, if the 5th generation is perfect, there's a need for 30% better reception performance.

TTFN,
Mark

Tom Barry                       trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com