[opendtv] Re: 5th gen receivers

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 01:04:50 -0500

Terry Harvey wrote:

>>Latest. Nobody plans on shipping an LG 5th gen stand alone receiver.
>>

>Does this mean we will have to collect them direct from the manufacturer?
>
>Okay, getting serious,  there must be something wrong if it is not being
>promoted or even sold. Who or what is quashing this?

 From what I sense from the conversations I have had (can't divulge)
that it is the government mandate that is the customer here and that
integrated sets are the market not real people. Real people don't have
enough info to be customers. They are selling to the government mandate
and expect the customer will buy integrated sets where all the profit is
by default.

The digital transition is not their responsibility. They seem pretty
happy with the uptick in integrated set sales. Are there any?

ATI seems to think they have a receiver that has cornered the market and
are totally dismissive of LG. I would just like to test one ASAP.

Bob Miller