[opendtv] Re: 5th gen receivers

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:17:57 -0500

Tom,

OOps! I meant that ATI had a receiver chip that is shipping but not in a
receiver for sale that has cornered that future market. They claim 85%
of the market with current production chips and claim that everyone is
signing on with them for this new chip. I am trying to get one of their
OEM customers to allow me to test one of these new receivers as soon as
one is available.

I still happen to remember the 1999 press release from Nxtwave so I will
wait till I or someone real like Sinclair has tested it.

Bob Miller