[opendtv] Re: 5th gen receivers

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:49:56 -0800

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 06:57 -0500, Tom Barry wrote:
> I though the ATI was just the one they bought from Nxtwave, like Nxtwave
> 2004 or so in the ATI PCHD cards.  If so they are not reported on AVS to
> be spectacular one way or the other.

Who tested them, or is this typical AVS forum testing (stick a finger in
the wind)? I know of tests that show the ATI+Nxt PCHDTV to be on par
with the last LG 4th gen and wipe the floor with the likes of the MyHD,
AccessDTV, DviCo, etc. Most of the other cards I list fared so badly
that they were tested multiple times -- because the results were so poor
they could have been a mistake. :)

B2C2 has a new PCI card out with a Samsung can that is Samsung's
slightly-pre-5th gen chipset, which is your other alternative if a PCI
card is what you want.

Cheers
Kon