[opendtv] Re: 5th gen Dvico PCI cards now arriving

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 18:17:41 -0400

Tom Barry wrote:

> See the following new but likely ongoing thread at AVS,
> where folks are starting to get their new DVico PCHD
> tuner cards using the LG 5th gen chip.
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=3D545967
>
> There is nothing conclusive reported so far.  Also
> nothing to particularly cheer about yet.  I've been
> thinking about getting one of these myself if the
> reports are good.

Don't know if the MDP-130 Cliff Watson mentions is
known for good sensitivity. Is it? If so, it's good news
that the LG 5th gen didn't give up sensitivity in its
search for selectivity and echo tolerance. I was
wondering about that, because we only use Mark's
apartment as the gold standard, where weak signal
reception is not a primary concern.