[opendtv] Re: 4k @ 60 fps encoded into 15 Mbps using HEVC

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:28:19 -0700

Craig wrote; "but more important, I expect that CBS and Sony will demand
that 1080i is part of that next standard".

This position is not related to current technical issues. Rather, it is all
about Sony's IPR.
CBS is involved only because they made a deal with Sony to use and support
this format from the
beginning and I assume was is a Quid pro Quo with low pricing on equipment
purchases.

Dale
-----