[opendtv] Re: 4KTV at CES

  • From: "TLM" <TLM@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:51:18 -0700

If you think rigorous,there needs to be a "reference black" and "reference
white" for D to which we calibrate.

Where is the screen? Where are the actors typillaly placed in 3-space?  Can
subtitles be at "negative D"?  What would SMPTE say?

Don't laugh.  I once sat with a producer who once wanted it to look
"happier".  When we re-labeled a knob happier he was happy.