[opendtv] Re: 480i 16:9 with pillarboxed image

  • From: Gary Blievernicht <garybliev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 08:23:43 -0800 (PST)

Just wondering: how many television sets have AFD implemented?  I have a hard
enough time keeping cables systems with professional gear to use AFD properly.

I knew someone that worked at MHZ for a while, they are an extremely low budget
operation, and their output for their staff size and budget is amazing.

MHZ networks is based out of WNVC/WNVT in Virginia.  Interesting aside, when
PBS was burned out of L'Enfant  Plaza in DC and needed a facility to originate
programming, WNVC originated for the network for a while.  Interesting that one
of the few public stations that was not a PBS member station was serving as the
origination point.  Later PBS sent in a membership donation, and became a
member of WNVC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MHz_Networks

I'm waiting for the public broadcasting to distribute Create and World in
widescreen SD.