[opendtv] Re: 4:3 transmissions of syndicated programming

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 15:10:43 -0800

If you are talking about RSS feeds without audio or video -- textual feeds
--- that can be done in MPEG-2 quite well with the Annex K data structures.

However, if you are talking about delivering non-real time video and audio
in this form, I'd ask why bother?  You are only talking about increasing the
bit-budget, with no real advantage.

I believe you need to watch more network tv; fades to black are quite common
in dramatic television when they go to commercial breaks; quick cuts at that
point are used for dramatic effect.

John Willkie