[opendtv] Re: 3-D TV disparities said to cause physical, mental strain

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:16:18 -0400

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
> Interesting. Maybe that's why so many 3D movies are cartoons.
>
> I can easily describe what makes me queasy in 3D movies. It is the existence
> of objects closer to me than the screen, especially when these objects move.
> Which Avatar avoided doing.
>
> Bert

> 3-D TV disparities said to cause physical, mental strain

Avatar was maybe more focused on being a movie instead of a fancy
effects fun ride.  But I wonder if our eyes have to be somewhat trained
to see and enjoy 3D movies?   I remember in a Comm Arts class back in
college there was some discussion of some primitive tribes somewhere
that could not see pictures in photographs.  Supposedly you could show
them a picture of a mountain or person and there would be little or no
recognition.  Maybe 3D will be like that for us.

- Tom