[opendtv] 20060414 Free Friday Fragments (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 00:27:46 -0400 (EDT)

     Here are some very efficient (low-administrative-cost) relief
organizations (all have four-star ratings from CharityNavigator.org):
<http://www.americares.org/>
<http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html>
<http://www.directrelief.org/index.html>
<http://www.hopeww.org/>
<http://www.mercycorps.org/splash/>
     Americans may also call the Red Cross at 800 HELP NOW (800 435-7669).

Sorry for the delay in getting a memo out.  I was overseas for a while, and I'm
still digging out.  I'll do ads and CEA sales figures next time (I also haven't
yet checked all of my usual news sources).