[opendtv] Re: 20050627 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 15:17:18 -0700

Yes, that's as I recall it now that you've refreshed my memory.
The E8-VSB initiative from Zenith was seemingly not supported
by a large majority of CE manufacturers. I understand that the
language you quote was inserted to assure that it's value is limited.

Clearly it is not a substitute for the robust operational modes of
COFDM.