[opendtv] Re: 20050627 Mark's Monday Memo

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:25:32 -0700

thanks, bob.  I needed a good laugh in the morning.

So,  not only are your -- now enemies -- at the CRC whores, they're the
cheapest kind, ones diverted by cheap prizes and transitory 'honors.'.  What
even more interesting is that you seem to think that CEA could influence CRC
to support 8-VSB in some high-faluting scenario that had to have been wholly
hatched in a fervent mind on Roosevelt Island.

You continue on an illogical, and impossible to achieve quest: somebody to
tell you that it's safe for you to enter the marketplace.  It's always
somebody else's fault, and you look for bigger an bigger boogeymen.  Maybe
Congress will save you?  Why not the impartial -- oh, yeah, they aren't --
FCC?  If only John Kerry wins, this nightmare will be over.  (Any port in a
storm.)

I would be ashamed to even think such thoughts.  To offer them repeatedly is
something for shrinks to contemplate.