[opendtv] Re: 20050419 Twang's Tuesday Tribune (Mark's Monday Memo)

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 16:28:29 -0400

Bert and Doug,

In Australia, as in many apartment complexes here in the United States, the
MATV system includes some basic cable channels in addition to the off air
channels.

If you bother to research the story at all using the link provided by Mark,
you will find that there is a checklist that an apartment owner should give
to a contractor to determine what work would need to be done to the MATV
system to allow it to pass OTA digital signals.

One of the check boxes on this form is "In your opinion, would it be
appropriate for people in this building to use an indoor antenna to receive
DTT services?"

Sheesh.

John